Monday 3 January 2011

QUESTION FOUR -

How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

"Within the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages of making my product i used a variety of new media technologies. I used the internet to gain ideas after doing research on search engines such as Youtube and Google. I also constructed a questionniare on Microsoft Word, to hand out and gain feedback from peers, this would help me make decisions when constructing my product, for example what colours are morepopular than others, i would take the majority answer and use this as onscreen text and in my print advert.
Additionally in the construction stages i used equipment such as a digital video camera a tripod, and a microphone to film material for my documentary, things like interviews,cutaways, stopframe animation and voxpops. I used a digital stills camera to capture the images for the print advert, and afterwards i used a USB cable to transfer it onto the computer where i would go on to edit the product in Adobe Photoshop. To edit the production i used Adobe Premier to cut things out , like interview questions, to add graphics, introduce an interviewee to audiences.
We also adjusted sound levels so they ran the same throughout, which is an important feature in any documentary. We used the radio station to record the voiceover which would eventually link our documentary together. Also the radio advery was recorded in the studio, it being important that the same voice was used for both.
Finally for the evaluation stages i have used the sound recorder on my laptop for audio in answering the questions. I have used Youtube to get screengrabs from other channel 4 documentaries to show comparisions with mine. I have used paint to crop the screengrabs and finally moviemaker to finalise the evaluation, in constructing my answers in a multimedia form."

No comments:

Post a Comment